How To Keep Your Brain Fit? Is it true that we can keep it in training like the body, with simple gestures and some precautions? As always, what matters is the mix in our lifestyles, which means putting together proper nutrition, exercise, and some good habits.
Brain In Shape
How To Keep Your Brain Fit In A Natural Way
Even gymnastics helps to keep a good memory. Researchers at Radboud University Medical Center in the Netherlands have written long texts on a hundred volunteers and have come to this conclusion: exercising, after reading or studying for four hours, consolidates and improves memory. Because? Due to the fact that exercise promotes the release of a chemical, including dopamine, which helps the memory strengthening mechanism.
A Swiss study has confirmed, however, that running increases the formation of new neurons and therefore improves memory. Just as nutrition is important: fruits and vegetables protect neurons. And sleep: at night the connections between neurons are reorganized.
Therefore, breaking habits, learning a foreign language, and enjoying some avocado, tomato, and walnuts: to keep the mind active and bright takes very little, without wasting money on medicines, sometimes expensive and not very useful.
How To Train The Brain
Furthermore, while until a few years ago, scholars believed that the brain, once childhood and adolescence passed, stopped producing new cells, today instead the studies carried out by a team of researchers from the University of Illinois put evidence that our brain produces new cells even in adulthood and that constant physical activity keeps them active, slowing down the degenerative decline.
Another excellent reason to train our brain every day, without neglecting social interaction and trying to remove the stress that can cause alterations in the brain matter, especially if constant. It is therefore essential to learn to manage your time well in order to carve out spaces for relaxation and the cultivation of your interests and hobbies.
The Natural Remedies To Keep The Brain Young
So let’s see what are the natural remedies to keep our brain in shape :
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables: spinach, cabbage but also beets and lettuce are foods rich in antioxidants, vitamin C, carotene, and Omega-3, important for keeping the brain in perfect health. Spinach is also an important source of vitamin K, which is essential for preserving nerve cells from aging.
- Tomatoes and watermelon: are both rich in lycopene, a nutrient able to optimize brain functions and also essential for the health of the organism, it would in fact able to reduce the risk of getting sick from different types of cancer.
- Blueberries: are rich in anthocyanins, molecules not only able to exert a positive action on the whole organism thanks to their antioxidant properties but also a real concentration of energy for the brain. They counteract memory loss and the decline of motor skills.
- Avocado: with this fruit, you can get your fill of vitamin E, vitamin B6, and tyrosine, an important element as it promotes the communication of brain cells. It also counteracts aging.
- Nuts: Nuts also play an important role in keeping the brain healthy. Nuts, in particular, are rich in vitamin E and magnesium.
- Salmon: but not only fruit and vegetables, even salmon for example is rich in proteins, selenium, vitamin E, and Omega-3 essential for concentration and to optimize nerve transmissions.
What To Eat For The Active Brain?
- Bread and whole foods: a good content of fiber, B vitamins, and zinc combine the right amount of choline useful for both memory and brain development.
- Green tea: thanks to the presence of polyphenols, green tea would be able to prevent some neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease.
- Chocolate: thanks to the presence of polyphenols, it fights free radicals and therefore cellular aging.
- Instead, avoid excessive consumption of alcohol: they damage the area of the hippocampus where memory and balance are located.
- Nutrition, therefore, plays a decisive role in keeping the brain in shape but rest is also important. In fact, lack of sleep negatively affects brain efficiency.
What Are The Vitamins That Are Good For The Brain?
Habits That Help Keep The Brain In Shape
Then there are some daily habits that, even if they seem completely harmless, in reality, are not at all as they are able to slow down the capabilities of our mind. For example, always using technologies to solve even the simplest questions makes both the brain and memory lazy.
- Try to test your mind as much as possible. To do this, it takes very little: avoid the calculator even for the simplest calculations, try to remember the telephone numbers, use the satellite navigator less and try to memorize the routes in the city.
- Break your routine every now and then: even taking a different route than usual to get home or go to work will allow you to keep your curiosity active.
- Try doing some training exercises Keep Your Brain Fit to stimulate different mental abilities.
- Finally, if you have the time and the possibilities, learn a foreign language: studying will allow you to strengthen your cognitive skills.
Be optimistic: the way we look at ourselves, others, and life, in general, can have profound and lasting effects on our brains and our general well-being. And to cultivate optimism, do things that make you feel good.
Practice physical activity regularly. Movement promotes neurogenesis, and no special effort is required. Half an hour a day is enough, with a good walk or a bike ride.
How To Feed The Brain
The brain has three main components: cognitive, relational, and emotional. And as in the case of the body, it needs to be nourished in a healthy way, not only through a targeted and correct diet, as we have seen, but also with specific lifestyle interventions. Specifically: it is necessary to train, also as a form of prevention for terrible neurodegenerative diseases, attention, memory, language, reasoning, and emotions.
That are all parts of the different activities Keep Your Brain Fit. In this regard, reading, crosswords, card games, and chess are very useful, and especially for the elderly the stories that dig into the memory of the experience. And good relationships are essential, which bring the lymph of emotions. To have them you need to be open and available above all to listen, and not closed in your own narcissism that leads us to waste the best of relationships with others.